In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of how to install CWP (Control Web Panel) on an AlmaLinux server. CWP is a powerful and feature-rich web hosting control panel, designed to simplify the management of Linux servers. It is an ideal choice for web hosting companies and system administrators who require an intuitive and scalable solution for managing their web hosting environments.
Before proceeding with the installation, ensure that you have the following:
- A fresh AlmaLinux 8 server installation.
- Root access to the server.
- A valid domain name pointed to your server’s IP address.
How to Install CWP on AlmaLinux 8
Update Your System
First, update your AlmaLinux server to ensure that all the latest packages and security updates are installed. You can do this by executing the following command:
sudo dnf update -y
Download CWP Installer
Download the latest CWP installer script using the
If you don’t have
wget installed, you can install it with the following command:
sudo dnf install wget -y
Installing CWP on AlmaLinux
Now, make the installer script executable and run it to start the installation process:
chmod +x cwp-latest ./cwp-latest
The installation process can take some time to complete, as it downloads and installs all required packages and dependencies.
Once the installation is complete, you will be presented with the CWP login details. Take note of the provided URL and the default username and password. You can now access your CWP dashboard by opening the URL in your web browser.
- Navigate to the CWP dashboard using the URL provided.
- Log in with the default username
rootand the password provided during installation.
- Upon logging in, you’ll be prompted to change your password. It is highly recommended to set a strong, unique password for security purposes.
- Complete the initial setup wizard by following the on-screen instructions.
Configure Firewall and Nameservers
To ensure your server’s security and functionality, you must configure the firewall and nameservers.
- In the CWP dashboard, navigate to Security > Firewall Manager.
- Configure the firewall settings according to your requirements and save the changes.
- Next, navigate to DNS Functions > Nameserver Setup.
- Set your preferred nameservers (e.g., ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com) and save the changes.
Create a New User and Hosting Package
To start hosting websites, create a new user and hosting package:
- In the CWP dashboard, navigate to User Accounts > New Account.
- Fill in the required details, such as the username, password, domain, and email address.
- Select a hosting package or create a new one by navigating to Packages > Add a Package.
- Save the new user account.
Now you can log in to the user account to manage websites, databases, and email accounts.
Secure CWP with SSL
To secure your CWP dashboard with SSL, navigate to CWP Settings > Change Hostname & SSL in the CWP dashboard, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed CWP on your AlmaLinux server. You can now manage your web hosting environment efficiently and securely using the CentOS Web Panel. For more tutorials on Linux server management, check out our other helpful guides:
- How to Install cPanel on AlmaLinux 8
- How to Install and Configure LAMP Stack on Rocky Linux
- How to Install Python on Rocky Linux
- How to Install MySQL on Rocky Linux
- How to Set Up a File Server on Rocky Linux
Remember to keep your system updated and secure by frequently checking for updates and monitoring server logs. Additionally, consider configuring regular backups to ensure the safety of your data in the event of a system failure.